3 years - 4 years
Our kindy room caters for children aged between 3-4years. We have 2 staff (an Educator and Educator Assistant) with a maximum group size of 16 children at any one time.
The Kindy room provides a child based curriculum program based on the Early Years Learning Framework. Interests of the children are observed by staff and then facilitated through hands on experiences, group activities and language times. In this age group, a major focus is on team work, development of the attention span and encouraging children to problem solve as both individuals and as part of a group.
Daily Room Routine
- 6.30am - Centre Opens
- 6.30 - 9:00 Combined with Pre Prep (Inside/Outside Play)
- 9:00 - 9:10 Transition to morning tea. Hats are put away. Children sit on group time mat and staff member transitions them to wash their hands and sit at the table for morning tea
- 9:10 - 9:30 Morning tea
- 9:30 – 9.45 Group time, which includes singing a good morning song, calling the roll, talking about the days activities and general discussion.
- 9.45 - 10:45 Inside play, which includes the programmed activities. Children are welcomed to self select which activities they wish to participate in. Activities are structured around the children’s interests, responsiveness and willingness to partake.
- 10:45 – 11.10 Group time which include Language and Music & Movement Experiences
- 11:10 - 11:50. Outdoor Play
- 11.50 – 12.00 Transition to lunch time and washing hands
- 12:00 – 12.30 Lunch time
- 12:30 - 2:00 Designated rest period
- 2:00 - 2:30 Children pack away their sheets and put shoes and hats on. Sunscreen is applied and children are transitioned to wash their hands for afternoon tea.
- 2:30 - 2:45 Afternoon tea
- 2:45 - 3:00 Group time
- 3.00-4.45pm - Outdoor play .
- 4.15-4.45pm Packing up Outside yard
- 4.45 - 5.00pm Afternoon snack.
- 5.00-6.30pm Indoor/Outdoor play (Weather dependant)
- 6.30pm Centre Closes.