15 months - 2.5 years
Welcome to our Toddlers Group. Our toddler room is caters for children aged between 15 months and 2 1/2 years. We have 2 staff (an Educator and Educator Assistant) with a maximum group size of 10 children at any one time.
The Toddler room provides a child based curriculum based on the Early Years Leaning Framework. Interests of the children are observed by staff and then facilitated through hands on experiences, group activities and language times. In this age group, a major focus is also on the development of self help skills and independence along with learning to work and play as part of a group.
Daily Room Routine
- 6.30am - Centre Opens.
- 6.30am - 8:30 Combine with Nursery & Pre-Kindy (Inside/Outside Play)
- 8:30 - 8:45 Nappy changes
- 8:45 - 9:00 Group time/transition/ washing hands
- 9:00 - 9:30 Morning tea (2 staff to sit with children)
- 9:30 – 10.30 Morning Activities
- 10:30 – 10.45 Group Experiences (Language / Music & Movement)
- 10.45 - 11:00 Transition to outdoors
- 10:30 - 11:00 Nappy Change
- 11:00 - 11:30 Outdoor Play - Transition to inside / washing hands
- 11:30 - 12:00 Lunch time (2 staff to sit with children)
- 12.00 – Nappy Change
- 12:00 – 1:45 Rest/Sleep Time
- 2:00 Nappy change
- 2:00 - 2:15 Afternoon tea (2 staff to sit with children)
- 2:15 - 2:30 Apply hats and sunscreen
- 2:30 - 4:00 Outdoor play
- 4:00 – Nappy Change
- 5.00 - 6:30 Family Grouping (All rooms combine in Pre-Kindy Room)
- 6:30pm Close centre