Boondall Early Childhood Centre shares an easy 5-minute, healthy snack!
All parents know the struggle of trying to get their child to eat something they don’t want to. A great way to encourage your child eating healthier meals is to involve them in the cooking process. Here’s one of our easy, delicious recipes you can try today!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 30-40 minutes
- 250g of bananas
- 200g of plain flour
- 25g of white sugar
- 5g of nutlex butter
- 125ml of rice milk
- 5g of baking powder
- With the children, mix the flour, baking powder, and white sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, get the children to mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Whisk in nutlex butter and rice milk.
- Get the children to make a hole in the centre of the dry mix bowl and pour in wet mixture. Whisk all together until the mixture combines.
- Bake in an oiled, lined loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the banana bread is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing.
Get even more fun ideas and activities to do with your children at the Boondall Early Childhood Centre. Contact us today for more information on fun for your children as well as exciting events and activities at our centre; firstname.lastname@example.org